CRUT4, GISS and NCDC are not yet available through December but will check as they become available to end 2013. The BoM might have some support there.
- GHCN CAMS finds that 2005 was a hotter year than 2013.
- RSS satellites finds that 2005, 1998 and 1980 were hotter years than 2013.
- UAH satellites finds that 2009 was a hotter year.
Note my December 2013 post highlighting the warming drift 2005-2006 in UAH compared to RSS. In the chart it is plain that UAH is badly out of step at 2006.
I also posted -
- Similar to Australia in 2005-06 – large grid box in southern Africa shows huge warming departure in UAH lower troposphere satellite temperature anomalies compared to RSS – and -
- Difference between UAH and RSS satellite lower troposphere T anomalies has a distinct step change 2004-2005 over the USA 48 States – not as marked as Australia