The Joint Select Committee for The Clean Energy Bills,
Stuart Robert MHR,
With the ensuing passage of these Bills through the House and then The Senate, I was wondering if members in favour of these Bills might perhaps be able to bring Australians along with them by explaining how these Bills might facilitate the move to the current Clean Energy options of choice, Wind Power and the two versions of Solar Power, Solar Photovoltaic, and Concentrating Solar.
Perhaps they might be able to point out just one plant in existence on the whole of Planet Earth, or even a plant that is in planning that can produce the same electrical power for consumption that is currently being generated by one large scale coal fired power plant, of which there are many in existence here in Australia.
1. Perhaps they might mention how much power will actually be generated for consumption by this one example of any Renewable Plant.
2. Perhaps they might mention on what time frame a renewable plant of this nature might be delivering its power.
3. Perhaps they might mention the cost of this equivalent Plant.
4. Perhaps they might mention how long it will take to construct this plant from the planning stage to the power delivery stage.
5. Perhaps they might mention how long a plant of this nature might last.
6. Perhaps they might mention how much Government (taxpayers) money will be given to (a) the construction of this plant, and (b) the subsidising of the generated electricity to the grid in an effort to make it somehow competitive with current power generation from coal fired power.
7. Perhaps they might mention how much the cost of retail electricity to all consumers will increase with the introduction of a renewable plant of this nature.
There’s really no point in addressing any of the 7 responses mentioned here, because there is no equivalent plant of this nature in existence anywhere in the World, and there is none planned or even contemplated in the near future.
[...] The case against the Australian Govts new Carbon Tax [...]